KEEP YOUR TREES IN SHAPE WITH PROPER PRUNING
If the landscape trees in Cherry Hills Village were never touched they would prune themselves. The wind, heavy snows, or decay would eventually break off dead tree branches. The result, however, would not look nice and would likely shorten the lifespan of the tree. Intervention, in the form of tree pruning, can improve both the looks and health of your landscape trees.
Proper tree pruning benefits trees by:
- Removing dead tree branches
- Preventing decay from entering tree trunks
- Improving the appearance of a tree
- Keeping trees away from telephone and utility lines
- Removing tree branches that are too low
- Improving the air flow in the crown of the tree
- Removing hazardous tree branches
- Reducing tree diseases
- Keeping tree branches away from houses and garages
- Removing rubbing tree branches
- Improving your view of the mountains with vista pruning
- Keeping tree branches away from roads, sidewalks, and driveways
- Maintaining the shape of ornamental trees
- Clearing tree branches from signs
- Removing diseased tree branches
- Improving tree structure - especially on young trees
When it comes to tree pruning it’s important to know how to properly prune a tree. Leaving branch stubs allows decay to enter the tree trunk, but so does cutting tree branches flush with the tree trunk. Pruning too many tree branches can put undue stress on a tree. An easy solution to this dilemma is to find a tree service that trims trees in Cherry Hills Village.
Not only does finding a local tree service solve the problem of how to prune a tree, but the tree service will also take care of removing the tree debris. This chore alone can make it worthwhile to find a tree service to do your tree trimming.
This past year has been especially tough on trees in the Denver area. High winds in the summer and fall, followed by heavy winter snow has resulted in a higher than normal number of broken tree branches. Proper tree pruning can lengthen the useful life of most of these damaged trees.
Pruning your own trees can be a big job in terms of figuring out which tree branches to cut and then disposing of all the resultant tree debris. Tree services that work in Cherry Hills Village not only have professional tree trimmers, but their arborists have the specialized equipment to quickly and efficiently dispose of the tree branches that were removed.